Our Park Street and Geyer Family YMCA buildings will shutdown for repairs and improvements from August 28 To September 5. Both facilities will reopen on Tuesday, September 6.
Prior to shutdown week, Park Street's Small Pool will close a week earlier on Monday, August 22. The small pool will be drained, and all the grout will be removed, missing and broken tiles will be replaced, and the entire interior shell of the pool will be regrouted. The Small Pool is scheduled to reopen on Tuesday, September 6.
Here are some of the other projects that will happen during shut down:
PARK STREET Y
- The Large Pool deck tiles will be cleaned, replaced where needed, and regrouted. In addition, the pool will be drained and cleaned prior to reopening.
- The Cardio Room will receive new paint and wood refinishing in addition to new flooring and upgrades to equipment.
- New gym equipment will be installed.
- The Men's Locker Room will receive new paint.
- The Men's Locker Room will receive new lockers, so Members must remove personal belongings by August 27.
- Men's and Women's Showers will be regrouted.
GEYER FAMILY Y
- Painting throughout the facility.
- The 2nd floor will receive carpets.
Limited Group-Ex classes will be offered outdoors in Edgemont Park during the week. See the schedule below. Register on MotionVibe!
Monday, Aug. 29
6:00am Boot Camp
5:00pm Athletic Conditioning
Tuesday, Aug. 30
Wednesday, Aug. 31
6:00am Athletic Conditioning
Thursday, Sep. 1
8:15am Back to Abs
Friday, Sep. 2
If you are visiting local Ys during the week, please be aware of the following information:
- The pool will close 08/29 and reopen after Labor Day (09/06)
- The other areas will remain open (Weight Room, Cardio, etc.)
Phone #: 973-758-9039
- The fitness center will be closed (Weight Room and Cardio) from 08/30-09/01
- The Gymnasium will be open
- The pool will close 09/06-09/11
Phone #: 201-955-5300
- 1 pool will be open and all the workout areas will be open
Phone #: 973-772-7450
Remember to call ahead before you visit any Y to confirm that you may use the facility.
During shutdown, members can reach us at Park Street via phone between 9:00am and 6:00pm on August 29 through September 4.
Your adult YMCA membership is reciprocal at other New Jersey Ys, but some facilities may also be performing maintenance. Be sure to call the Y you want to visit before you make the trip.
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to welcoming you back on September 6!