Dedicated to offering dynamic classes and programs, the Geyer Family YMCA is a one-of-a-kind facility in the Y world designed specifically for families to learn, grow and explore together. Your child can learn to swim, dance, play sports, explore art, cook, become a hands-on scientist or adjust to an educational setting in our pre-school readiness programs—all under one roof.
The Geyer Family YMCA specifically focuses on Kinder Members age 6 mos. to 9 years old, whether individual Memberships or as part of a Family Membership. Classes and programs are specifically designed to teach, entertain and engage the youngest of our Members to develop skills and create memories that will last a lifetime. In the summer, the Geyer Family YMCA offers high-quality day camps for a variety of age groups. Whether it’s learning important life skills in the pool, building self-esteem in the gym or unleashing imagination and creativity in the arts, the Geyer Family YMCA is a great place to widen horizons! The YMCA of Montclair offers Memberships to meet the needs of every family. Please stop by the Member Services Desk at the Geyer Family YMCA or the Park Street YMCA to learn more about Membership options or to tour the facility.
Good To Know
- For the safety of your children, and for program quality purposes, Parent/Child classes are for one child and one adult; siblings are not permitted in the program area unless noted by the class description. If you need child care during those times please refer to our nursery schedule.
- Child only classes are for children only– parents are welcome to sit in the lobby areas; most classes offer an observation day/recital at the end of the session.
- Due to the unique nature of each department, make-up classes are at the discretion of the director of each program area.
- Please refer to our refund policy regarding refund/credits. It is included in your membership agreement. Refunds/credits will not be issued after week 2 of the session starting. For program planning and staffing purposes, class transfers/changes can only be made during the first 2 weeks of the session if room allows.
- The Geyer Family Y is a NUT AWARE facility. Please do not bring nut products into the building.