YMCA OF MONTCLAIR #SAFETYTOGETHER PROTOCOLS
- UPDATED MEMBERSHIP WAIVER AND CODE OF CONDUCT: Please review & sign the new Membership Waiver and Code of Conduct before you enter the YMCA of Montclair. We deeply appreciate your help in practicing all safety guidelines to protect each other’s health.
- SCREENING & TEMPERATURE CHECK: For the safety of all, all members, program participants, and staff must complete a pre-screening and have their temperature taken prior to entering a YMCA facility. Look for the Screening Station upon arrival – it is a fast and easy process that uses a touchless thermometer (100 degrees or higher will not be admitted).
- PRE-REGISTRATION: To help us maintain physical distancing, reservations are required for all activities on our MotionVibe online program.
- FACILITY CAPACITY LIMITS: We currently adhere to the State of New Jersey 25% capacity guideline.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: We adhere to physical distancing requirements throughout our facilities and in our programs. We appreciate your help in keeping everyone safe.
- FACILITY TIME LIMITS: There are time limits for certain activities to allow others to access our facilities, equipment, and programs.
- WEAR A FACE COVERING: We follow recommendations from the CDC and the Governor’s Orders, requiring all members, program participants, and staff to wear a face covering.
- BRING YOUR OWN: Please bring a water bottle, towel, and mat if needed. Unfortunately, water fountains will not be available, but water bottle filling stations will remain open, so be sure to bring your bottle.
- CLEAN YOUR EQUIPMENT: Please wipe down equipment before and after each use. Cleaning supplies are provided. This is imperative for the safety of all.
A RECAP OF WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT THE Y
- Face coverings are required to enter and use the facility.
- Temperatures will be taken upon entrance.
- Pre-Screening is required to gain entrance to the YMCA. Safety first!
- Members must arrive 15 minutes before scheduled classes/pool usage for health screen and check-in.
- Showers will be temporarily closed.
- Towel service is temporarily unavailable.
- Water fountains are bottle fill only.
- Please use the reservation system MotionVibe to reserve your spot.
- Member access will be limited to one (1) hour to accommodate additional members while adhering to capacity limit. Thank you for reading this list!
- For safety, we have reconfigured our YMCA and closed areas and equipment to ensure physical distancing.
- Sneeze shields have been installed at Welcome Center desks.
- We have new traffic patterns to help limit points of entry and exit. So, you don’t need to cross paths unnecessarily.
- Saunas and steam rooms temporarily closed.
- Common seating areas temporarily closed.
We have followed guidance from the CDC, local health agencies, and public officials to update our policies, practices, and procedures to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and make appropriate accommodations for physical/social distancing. Key measures include:
- Limiting the number of people in our facilities and programs.
- Safety Screenings for Members, Program Participants, and Team Members
- Personal Protection Equipment for all Staff.
- Installed AirPHX system.
- Sneeze Shields Installed at Front Desks.
- Newly Configured Space to Ensure Physical Distancing.
- Limited Points of Entry & Exits.
- Increased Cleaning & Disinfecting Protocols.
READ MORE ABOUR OUR SAFETY PRACTICES HERE.
Attendance is important! In order to achieve the greatest benefit from additional fee classes, attendance at every class is highly recommended. Refunds and credits will not be issued due to absences.