YMCA OF MONTCLAIR #SAFETYTOGETHER PROTOCOLS
- UPDATED MEMBERSHIP WAIVER AND CODE OF CONDUCT: Please review & sign the new Membership Waiver and Code of Conduct before you enter the YMCA of Montclair. We deeply appreciate your help in practicing all safety guidelines to protect each other’s health.
- SCREENING & TEMPERATURE CHECK: For the safety of all, all members, program participants, and staff must complete a pre-screening and have their temperature taken prior to entering a YMCA facility. Look for the Screening Station upon arrival – it is a fast and easy process that uses a touchless thermometer.
- PRE-REGISTRATION: To help us maintain physical distancing, reservations will be required for all activities for the foreseeable future in our new MotionVibe online program. Currently, this includes Group Exercise classes and Personal Training. Pool lap lanes will be available in the near future.
- FACILITY CAPACITY LIMITS: Because of guidelines around physical distancing, you can expect reduced capacity at our facilities and in our programs.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING: We will adhere to physical distancing requirements throughout our facilities and in our programs. We appreciate your help in keeping everyone safe.
- FACILITY TIME LIMITS: There will be time limits for certain activities to allow others to access to our facilities, equipment, and programs.
- WEAR A FACE COVERING: We will follow recommendations from the CDC and the Governor’s Orders, requiring all members, program participants, and staff to wear a face covering. We allow the removal of the face-covering once you’ve established physical distancing in Group Exercise and Personal Training. Moving to and from these programs will still require face coverings.
- BRING YOUR OWN: Please bring a water bottle, towel, and mat if needed. Unfortunately, water fountains will not be available, but water bottle filling stations will remain open, so be sure to bring your bottle.
- CLEAN YOUR EQUIPMENT: Please wipe down equipment before and after each use. Cleaning supplies are provided. This is imperative for the safety of all.
A RECAP OF WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT THE Y
- Face coverings are required to enter the facility and in common areas/halls. Fashion friendly is a plus.
- Temperatures will be taken upon entrance. We want to be sure you are not too hot.
- Pre-Screening is required to gain entrance to the YMCA. Safety first!
- Members must arrive 15 minutes before scheduled classes/pool usage for health screen and check-in…and we can’t wait to say hello!
- Locker Rooms and showers will be temporarily closed.
- Towel service is temporarily unavailable.
- Water fountains are bottle fill only. Don’t forget to take your water bottle home, lost, and found is pretty full 😊.
- Please use the fancy new reservation system for Group Exercise, Personal Training, Cardio and Strength rooms, and coming soon Lap Lane Swimming
- Member access will be limited to one (1) hour to accommodate additional members while adhering to capacity limit. Thank you for reading this list!
- For safety, we have reconfigured our YMCA and closed areas and equipment to ensure physical distancing.
- Sneeze shields have been installed at Welcome Center desks…just like at a salad bar.
- We will have new traffic patterns to help limit points of entry and exit. So, you don’t need to cross paths unnecessarily.
- Saunas and steam rooms temporarily closed. They were too hot.
- Common seating areas temporarily closed. You are almost at the end of the list! Nice work!
- Gymnasiums will be closed except for structured programs and classes.
WHAT THE Y IS DOING TO enhance safety
We have followed guidance from the CDC, local health agencies, and public officials to update our policies, practices and procedures to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene and make appropriate accommodations for physical/social distancing. Key measures include:
- Limiting the number of people in our facilities and programs.
- Safety Screenings for Members, Program Participants and Team Members
- Personal Protection Equipment for all Staff.
- Installed AirPHX system.
- Sneeze Shields Installed at Front Desks.
- Newly Configured Ys to Ensure Physical Distancing.
- Limited Points of Entry & Exits.
- Increased Cleaning & Disinfecting Protocols.
OUTDOOR GROUP EXERCISE PROTOCOLS
To ensure the best experience for everyone, please adhere to the following guidelines when you participate in YMCA programs – #SafetyTogether!
- Reconfigured Group Exercise spaces and capacity to allow physical distancing. No problem 😊.
- Pre-registration required to ensure your spot in Group Exercise classes.
- Use of floor markers in classes to designate participant positions. It’s OK to strike a pose!
- Members are asked to bring their own yoga mats, resistance bands, and props. Just like the water bottle comment above, don’t forget to bring these back home, lost and found is pretty full these days.
PERSONAL TRAINING PROTOCOLS
- Strength training equipment must be cleaned before and after use. This should always be the way at the YMCA, clean your sweat, please 😊.
Attendance is important! In order to achieve the greatest benefit from additional fee classes, attendance at every class is highly recommended. Refunds and credits will not be issued due to absences.