YMCA OF MONTCLAIR #SAFETYTOGETHER PROTOCOLS
MEMBERSHIP WAIVER AND CODE OF CONDUCT: All new members must sign a Membership Waiver and Code of Conduct before entering the YMCA of Montclair. We deeply appreciate your help in practicing all safety guidelines to protect each other’s health..
- PRE-REGISTRATION: Reservations are required for Aquatics and Group Exercise classes on our MotionVibe online program.
- WEAR A FACE COVERING IF YOU ARE NOT FULLY VACCINATED: We follow all guidelines issued by our licensing agencies. To learn more about our mask policy CLICK HERE.
- BRING YOUR OWN: Please bring a water bottle, towel, and mat if needed. Unfortunately, water fountains will not be available, but water bottle filling stations will remain open, so be sure to bring your bottle.
- CLEAN YOUR EQUIPMENT: Please wipe down equipment before and after each use. Cleaning supplies are provided. This is imperative for the safety of all.
A RECAP OF WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT THE Y
- Face coverings are required to enter and use the facility if you are not fully vaccinated.
- Showers are available.
- Water fountains are bottle fill only.
- Please use the reservation system MotionVibe to reserve your spot in Aquatics and Group Exercise classes.
We have followed guidance from the CDC, local health agencies, and public officials to update our policies, practices, and procedures to ensure the highest standards of safety. Key measures include:
- Limiting the number of people in our facilities and programs.
- Installed AirPHX system.
- Sneeze Shields Installed at Front Desks.
- Newly Configured Space to Ensure Physical Distancing.
- Increased Cleaning & Disinfecting Protocols.
The YMCA of Montclair is committed to providing a welcoming environment for all members and guests. The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who fails to comply with safety protocols, policies, and procedures that are in place to protect the health and well-being of all.
To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to join us in taking necessary precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
• If you have a fever or have symptoms of a contagious illness, please stay home until you are well.
• Wash hands frequently and use provided sanitizer before and after a workout.
• Wipe down equipment with provided disinfectant wipes before and after use. Place equipment in areas designated for equipment that needs additional sanitization.
• Face masks are required if you are not fully vaccinated.
At the YMCA of Montclair, creating a welcoming environment is a team effort. We ask everyone—staff, members, and guests—to follow our Code of Conduct, which is based on our core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
• Speaking in respectful tones; refraining from the use of vulgar or derogatory language appropriately.
• Resolving conflicts in a respectful, honest, and caring manner; never resorting to physical contact or threatening gestures.
• Respecting others by refraining from intimate behavior in public; abstaining from contact of a sexual nature.
• Respecting the property of others; never engaging in theft or destruction.
• Creating a caring environment; never carrying illegal firearms or devices.
• Participating in programs to build a healthy spirit, mind, and body; never engaging in the use, sale, dispensing, or possession of illegal drugs or narcotics, or the unsanctioned use of alcohol
on YMCA premises.
• Adherence to the YMCA Code of Conduct and regulations is essential.
Cooperation among staff, members, and guests is an important part of making our YMCA welcoming to all. Suspension or termination of membership or employment with the YMCA may result from violating this Code of Conduct. The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been convicted of any crime.
Attendance is important! In order to achieve the greatest benefit from additional fee classes, attendance at every class is highly recommended. Refunds and credits will not be issued due to absences.