During this incredibly difficult and uncertain time, the values that the Y stand for are more important than ever. We are so much more than the sum of our parts – exercise classes, after school care, swim lessons—we are a community organization, open to all, and committed to strengthening the mind, body, and spirit of all who pass through our doors. Despite having to close temporarily to protect our members and our staff, our commitment to community remains.
Many of our members have reached out with questions about how we will handle memberships, as well as lessons and programs that will not take place during our closure.
Membership. All members have a choice.
- Some of our members have volunteered to keep drafting their memberships each month as a way to help support the Y in this difficult time. We are so grateful for this demonstration of support and solidarity. If you are willing to donate your monthly membership during our closure, please contact Anneke at ADemarest@montclairymca.org.
- We are asking our members to consider the final two weeks of March membership dues a donation to the Y as we work to maintain our operations in the face of this shutdown. If this is your choice – we offer you a heartfelt thank you. No actions are necessary. If you choose to not make this donation, please contact Lisa at LKievit@montclairymca.org or call 973-744-3400 between the hours of 10am-3pm for a partial refund.
- In April, we have automatically put everyone’s membership on hold, waiving the $10 hold fee. You will not be charged for your membership until we open again. No actions are necessary.
- If you have paid for a full-year membership up-front, we will extend your membership by the length of time that the Y needs to be closed. If instead, you require a refund for the period of time that the Y is closed, please contact Lisa at LKievit@montclairymca.org or call 973-744-3400 between the hours of 10am-3pm for a partial refund.
- We know many people may experience great economic uncertainty at this time. We understand that you may find it necessary to cancel your membership. We would be sad to see you leave us but if you find it necessary to do so, you can cancel your membership by contacting Lisa at LKievit@montclairymca.org or call 973-744-3400 between the hours of 10am-3pm.
Lessons and Programs. While we don’t know exactly what the future holds, we hope to see you or your child again sometime soon – at a swim lesson, in youth sports, a personal training session, or any of our other great programming! Here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Receive a credit: Currently, enrolled members in our ongoing programs will receive credits towards future classes this year if we are not able to schedule makeup classes once we reopen. If you choose to not accept the credit, please contact LKievit@montclairymca.org or call 973-744-3400 between the hours of 10am-3pm for a refund.
School-Aged Child Care Program.
- We are asking our SACC members to consider the final two weeks of your March payment a donation to the Y. If this is your choice – again we offer you a heartfelt thank you on behalf of our staff. No actions are necessary. If you prefer a portion of your March payment shift to a credit to a future period, please contact Lisa at LAulisi@montclairymca.org. Going forward, we will not draft as long as school is closed.
- Please note, If you require a refund, we will need to cancel your enrollment in our program. Once you cancel, we will refund a portion of the fees paid in March. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee your spot will be available if and when you decide to return to the program.
If you are able, we ask that you invest in the future of our Y by maintaining your support through your membership and enrollment. As we face uncertain times ahead, we need your help to keep the Y a resource for everyone in our community since 1891, both now, and when we can re-open our doors. We know the Y is an extension of your family and we remain honored and committed to serving you.
Whatever you choose, we thank you for your support and understanding. Our community is strong, and together, we will get through this. We look forward to continuing to provide updates and resources and hope to see you again in person sometime very soon.
Please take care of yourself and one another,
President and CEO