As I am sure you are aware, we are now in the 2nd wave of the pandemic. New Jersey is recording its highest case counts since March. This at a time when many are experiencing pandemic fatigue, and some are letting their guards down.
However, the YMCA of Montclair continues to put safety first and abide by protocols set by the Montclair Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control.
WHAT WE HAVE DONE TO PUT SAFETY FIRST
- Our Park Street YMCA’s air ventilation has received important upgrades including the installation of two airPHX systems; the HVAC system has been thoroughly cleaned and HEPA filters replaced with MERV 13 filters, and a REME-HALO RGF Air Purification System unit has been installed onto our HVAC system that services the Aquatics areas.
- Continuous rigorous cleaning practices to sanitize rooms, pool areas, gym equipment, and touched surfaces by trained staff.
- Once a day we close our Park Street Facility for deep cleaning, including using an electro-static sprayer on our equipment.
- Implemented our MotionVibe reservation system to ensure capacity regulations and, if necessary, contact tracing.
- Required mandatory mask-wearing, temperature check, and health screening per the State of NJ for all who enter our buildings.
- Mandated capacities in all member spaces, and created signage to help members maintain physical distancing.
- Equipment has been moved to create maximum distancing between members.
Many times, the phrase “we are all in this together” has been used during this pandemic. It’s up to all of us to take the following measures so that the YMCA of Montclair can stay open and be here for all our members.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM EACH OTHER
- Masks must be worn properly at all times covering your mouth and nose. Masks must be worn in locker rooms, pool areas prior to swimming, and while moving through the hallways.
- Social distance. Keep 6 feet apart.
- Wash your hands; use the hand sanitizer provided throughout the building.
- Help us protect each other and our staff by refraining from congregating. We understand that many members come to the Y for community, and we will return to socializing as soon as it’s safe.
Please know that we care deeply for the health and safety of our members and our staff, and we must abide by these rules to protect all. During this time, the Y has a mandatory mask-wearing policy. Thank you in advance for abiding by this and all of our COVID-related policies.
Although we are heading into the difficult winter months, we know that there is an end to this. Vaccines will be distributed. Better therapies exist now than in March. We can do this together. As a community that values the wellbeing of loved ones, our friends, our neighbors, and those we don’t know, we can do this. For A Better Us.
Stay safe and be well,
President and CEO