The YMCA of Montclair is offering free Youth Mental Health First Aid training in partnership with the Mental Health Association of Essex and Morris. Become a Mental Health First Aider and help save lives.
Why Youth Mental Health First Aid?
Youth Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) teaches individuals how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among youth. Trainees must be 18+.
- Common signs and symptoms of youth mental health challenges
- Common signs and symptoms of youth substance use challenges
- How to interact with youth in crisis
- How to connect youth with help
- Expanded content on trauma, substance use, and self-care
Date & Time
Nov 4 (9:30am)*
*Trainings typically cover 6 hours of material
YMCA of Montclair
25 Park Street
Montclair, NJ 07042
Mental Health Association
1160 Parsippany Blvd.
Parsippany, NJ 07054
To register, please email Lindsey Savoie with your name and preferred training location.