LEARNING ENRICHMENT COMMUNITY
A Full-Day School-Age Child Care Program
The YMCA of Montclair is offering in-person support to help with remote school requirements and provide a safe space for kids during the day. This program is designed for students K-8; all districts and schools are welcome.
At our Geyer Family YMCA, Y staff will facilitate online learning during remote school hours providing internet access and supervision by trained and certified staff. Students are required to bring their laptop/tablet, virtual learning schedule, and login/password. Students will also engage in enrichment activities such as STEAM, Healthy U, CATCH, sports, and outdoor play (weather permitting).
As a state-licensed program, your child’s safety is our number one priority. We are following guidance from the NJ Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control, and local officials to meet the guidelines for health, safety, and physical distancing.
Our program begins on the first day of school after Labor Day and will continue as needed until school districts can reopen fully.
A $50 registration fee will be charged automatically after enrollment. This fee is waived for current YMCA of Montclair Family Members.
Space is limited.
K-8 all districts and
schools are welcome.
Remote School 5 Day
7:45am - 3:15pm
Remote Extended 5 Day
7:45am - 5:45pm
Hybrid School 3 Day*
7:45am - 3:15pm
Hybrid Extended 3 Day*
7:45am - 5:45pm
*If the School District goes 100% remote, registration will convert from 3 to 5 days.
Geyer Family YMCA
159 Glenridge Ave., Montclair
Lisa Aulisi, Vice-President of Youth Development at email@example.com
The health and safety of our staff and children is our top priority.
All staff and students will be screened daily, upon arrival, and monitored throughout the day as needed.
- Temperature check (100.4 degrees or higher will not be admitted)
- Screening Questions about health, exposure, symptoms
- Physical observation by staff
A separate health space has been identified for any student or staff who must wait to be picked up after showing signs of not feeling well. We encourage families to have an emergency pick-up person available to pick-up the student within one hour of being called for illness.
Families will be asked to sign a YMCA waiver prior to their child’s first day.
Staff and children will be asked to follow NJ DOH and ACA health & safety protocols.
Parents are required to provide face coverings for their children. Students and staff are required to wear face coverings at all times.
- Continuous cleaning by staff throughout the day
- Increased handwashing throughout the day
- Hand sanitizer available in each group room
- Cleaning of supplies after each group use (individual supplies in some cases)
- Nightly deep cleaning by a contracted cleaning company
- All staff will be trained to identify the risks and how to reduce the spread of COVID-19, including infection control strategies and cleaning & disinfection.
- All staff will be trained in Psychological First Aid: Supporting Yourself and Others During COVID-19.
- All staff will be trained on proper PPE use.
- All staff will be trained to recognize signs of and prevent child abuse, harassment, and bullying.
- Students will be placed in small groups, following State guidelines, with 2 consistent adult staff per group.
- Student groups will stay with their assigned staff throughout the day.
- Each group will be socially distanced from other groups.
Each day students will need to bring their own non-perishable lunch, which does not need to be heated nor refrigerated. We are a nut-aware facility, so please do not send your student with any nut products. Lunch boxes will be kept with the group in their air-conditioned room.
We will provide an afternoon snack. Parents are allowed to send their own snacks for their student if they wish.
- Parents are required to wear a face covering for drop-off & pick-up.
- We recommend having the same person for drop-off and pick-up whenever possible.
- Staggered drop-off & pick-up times (details to follow).
- Typically we have an open-door policy, but due to State guidelines, parents are not permitted in the building.
- If a student is picked up early, they will not be permitted to return that day (i.e. for a doctor’s appointment or school assessment).
ALL health history forms must be completed and immunizations uploaded. Students who do not have a completed health history form and immunizations will not be permitted to attend. You can access your student's health form by logging into your CampInTouch account here.
Epi-pens and inhalers need to be dropped off prior to your student's first day of camp. They must be in their original containers with the prescription label. We recommend placing them in a Ziploc bag labeled with your student's name. A prescription medication authorization form is required (available on CampInTouch) and should be placed in the bag with the medication. A director will reach out to you to arrange medication drop-off.